Monday, September 3, 2007

Updated storyboard and fabric photos



Storyboard version 1.1 :). I've decided to give up (or postpone sewing) one of the BWOF jackets and replace it with a copy from RTW - for this purpose, I undid my favorite jacket ever. It comes from a Romanian designer, it fits me beautifully (I'm sorry, but I forgot to take a picture before undoing it, pictures of the undone jacket will follow) and I hated the fabric of the jacket - therefore it was a perfect candidate for undoing and copying it. I've already cut it out of the houndstooth from TimmelFabrics, interfaced it and prepared it for sewing. I still have to cut the lining.



Fabrics: Top row, from left to right: Italian black suiting (wool, rayon, elasthane); houndstooth in silk and flax from TimmelFabrics; black cotton/lycra; dark grey suiting; off-white suiting
Second row, from left to right: light grey suiting; autumn red suiting; black and white krinkle cotton from TimmelFabrics; white stretch cotton; dark grey knit viscose/lycra; white cotton/lycra
Last row: white shirting; white and black stripped cotton/lycra.

Coat fabrics: red, white and black boucle from TimmelFabric; black stretchy wool; red mystery fabric



And now, my accent colours:

Red:


Yellow: I would like a jacket in the same shade, but it's absolutely impossible to find a doubleknit or suiting in that coulour :(



Emerald: I will buy a bag in the same shade. The fabric is a doubleknit.



Purple. The fabric is a knit.



Strings of fake pearls that will go very well with the retro trend of this season:



And before I go...
Have you ever seen a cat sleeping like mine??



10 comments:

LauraM said...

You colors will be wonderful! As will your pattern selection! Of course I loved what you did for PR. As far as your cat, I have 2 that do the same thing. It means he or she is awful comfortable with you. I call it love!

LauraLo said...

Thanks, Laura M! I hope that this little wardrobe will be even nicer than the PR one.
As far as my cat is concerned (it's a she), she's more than comfortable with us, she behaves like she's the owner of the house!

Kitty Couture said...

Your wardrobe is going to be great, Laura. I am planning one as well, though nothing as impressive I'm afraid! :)

Our kitty loves to sleep with her tummy up, too, but I know that's unusual with cats. None of my previous cats did this!

Cherie said...

I really love the color combos, and the different silhouettes of the pieces are so sophisticated!

My 2 Lhasas sleep just like your kitty! It is fun watching them get into this position!

Tany said...

I'm so looking forward to your Fall sewing! Your pattern/fabric/accessories selection really appeals to me!

Summerset said...

I love those brights with the black! The red shoes are really gorgeous. Now why can't I find a pair like those here?

Cute kitty! What a pretty tortoise shell color.

LauraLo said...

Thanks, Isabelle, Cherie, Tany, Summerset! My kitty is indeed quite cute, Summerset, too bad you can't see she has a vertical orangey stripe on her nose she looks so funny. And always sleeping with her tummy up, Isabelle, never seen other kitties doing that. Cherie, I'm trying to imagine a Lhasa sleeping like that, it must be quite a sight!
Summerset, I'm in love with those shoes too. I wasn't even shopping for shoes, just happened to enter a store, and there they were, 70% off!!!

Vicki said...

Laura, love the fabrics and accessories! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Our cat sleeps like that too! So it musn't be that uncommon.

Linda L said...

Love your storyboard! Very ambitious plan but I know that you will successful with it. You do so well with sewing with a plan!

Anonymous said...

I can't tell you how much I enjoy your blog! It makes me so happy!

My boy cat sleeps the same way as yours. I thought he was the only one!