Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Ta-daaa... first wardrobe piece

Between interfacing my houndstooth jacket (well, not jacket, pattern pieces) and trying to finish my red McCall jacket (I still have to hem the jacket, hem the sleeves, sew the buttons and sew the lining closed, but I really don't feel like it), I've finished my Modern Sewing lace up skirt. It seemed like quite an easy quick project and I wanted a pencil skirt therefore here it is.

Front



Back



Close-up of lacing detail



Read the pattern review written for PR here.

9 comments:

Cherie said...

Laura, this is very cute, shows your shape and has that terrific lacing detail! All your details combine to make a winner!

Bonnie O. said...

Cute Skirt and absolutely adorable on you!

Summerset said...

Really cute detail. This is absolutely perfect on you!

Tany said...

I love it! The fit is perfect and the waistband detail makes all the difference! You look HOT!

Alana said...

I love it! It looks great.

Vicki said...

Tres chic! But then you are so GORGEOUS!

LauraLo said...

Thank you so much, Cherie, Bonnie, Summerset, Tany, Alana and Vicki! I'm really glad you like the skirt. I've had this pattern for a year now and thought about making a skirt all this time...

Kitty Couture said...

What a lovely skirt! It looks so well on you.

dawn said...

Whew! I bet your honey likes that one! Great job!