Tuesday, May 29, 2007

My last post today... :)



A shirt I've done for my husband. Meanwhile I've added a pocket too.
It is a very very nice fabric, we call it here "melted" cotton, it's 100% percent cotton, very smooth and good quality, feels delicious next to the skin and is just a tiny bit sheer. It imitates the fabric used in traditional peasant blouses for women (which were natural silk - they were growing silk worms - woven in-house).

UPDATED to add the PR review
Pattern Description:
Burda World of Fashion 04/2006, shirt 133. This poplin shirt should definitely be worn outside his trousers/pants so that the cut can be admired! It’s slightly shaped (now trendy), with an attractively curved hem and boasts those typical safari shoulder tabs.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes, the part that I didn't change looks very much like the drawing.

Were the instructions easy to follow?
I didn't use the instructions, I used instead a very useful tutorial on Liana's blog Sew Intriguing - Go here and scroll down to the third post in November 2006 titled "Shirtmarking Information". I've also used the burrito technique for both the collar with a stand and the cuff.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I chose this pattern because of the closer to the body, curved shape. My husband started to like slimmer shirts, the kind that you can wear over your pants.

Fabric Used:
It's 100% cotton and we call it in my country "melted cotton". It imitates the fabric used for Romanian traditional blouses, which was pure silk (from silk worms), woven in house. It is a very soft, great feeling next to the skin fabric and it's a tiny bit sheer. Very breathable and nice during the summer.

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made:
Well, my husband wanted a long-sleeve shirt, so I added long sleeves copied after one of his favorite shirts. I ditched the epauletttes (he hates them) and the pockets. Meanwhile (after taking the pictures) I've added a single pocket to the shirt, the kind that is V shaped at the bottom.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
I will definitely sew it again. My husband likes it very much so I'm bound to make some more :)

3 comments:

dawn said...

What nice work you've done!

LauraLo said...

Thank you, Dawn, coming from you it's a huge compliment
LauraLo

Linda said...

What beautiful shirts you have done lately. I love all three in your last few posts. The fabric choice for your husband's shirt is very nice. I am sure that it will be nice to wear on those hot days.