- Plaid fabric (black/white/grey) - I want to make a jacket and a skirt. Already cut the jacket, using MJ3100 from e-sewingpatterns.com. I altered the pattern, lengthening it by 6 cm. Also gave up the Mao collar and drafted a lapel. I'll cut a collar after I sew the jacket and see how the lapel looks like and decide how big I want the collar to be.The skirt will be a straight skirt, with a yoke, using a Modern Sewing pattern (also electronic, as you see, I like using downloadable patterns cause I don't have to wait for the patterns to be shipped to me) generated to my measurements - sketch here on the right. I won't make the lacing detail
however, I'll just cut a "normal" yoke. Edited 5 January 2007: jacket and skirt DONE, I'll be posting photos this weekend.
- I would like to make this cross-over top from seeitsewit.com my reversible item, with a red side and a black side. I used my lunch break to go buy some stretch cotton (red and black), because I'm not sure I can find a double-sided zipper in my country. I've already made this top and I like it very much. For this Swap, as it is an office wardrobe, I will alter the pattern to reduce a bit the cleavage. The top that I made I have to wear it with a bustier underneath if I want to wear it at work.
- I'll make a long-sleeved top from the white cotton/lycra jersey. I'm planning a close-fitting top, with a round neck. Collar and cuffs from jersey with black lace overlay. I might also add a false button extension in black jersey (simulating a blouse, you see) and maybe sew some black buttons on it. I'll use an existing T-shirt pattern for that and alter it accordingly.
- Dark grey wool/poly - pants from a pattern I drafted myself, copying my favorite jeans. Already made this pattern and absolutely love it. I sewed on the pants yesterday evening until midnight and with a bit of luck they will be ready tonight. Want to take advantage of the fact that my husband is abroad until Tuesday evening. December is such a busy month that these are my only sewing moments and I will probably restart working on the Swap after 10 January 2007. PANTS DONE!
- Jalie cross-over top (#2499) from red poly with black band.
- Jalie camisole (#2564) - shown here on the right. Haven't decided pn the fabric yet.