Friday, September 28, 2007

Fourth wardrobe item

I proudly present you... Hot Patterns Artful Dodger Slouchy Man Pants (what a handful of a name :))





Pants lying flat



Back of pants



The pants are fully underlined in organza



I've used Sandra Betzina's method of underlining and finishing the seam allowances at the same time. This gives the pants a couture look.



And as I said in this post, I've applied everything I discovered by peaking inside men's trousers.

Special hem band at the hem



Facing of fly extension is cut from lining, on the bias and on the double and there is a buttonhole to secure the extension to the pants. The button (you can't see it in the picture) is sewn to the bias binding of the fly facing. Pocket bags are bound too.



"Fake" (meaning there is no pocket bag) double welt pocket, secured with buttonhole and button. I've used Debbie Cook tutorial for this and I absolutely loved it!



For the fly front, I usually follow Sandra Betzina's method. This time I followed Sigrid's tutorial and I liked it a lot.

And this is the pre-made waist band. Remember the yuck Christian Dior logo? I hated it and covered it with a silvery bray pre-folded satin bias ribbon. And I finally managed to order labels!!! Do you like them? I got 144 for 7.95 sterling pounds. Not bad, isn't it?



Read my detailed PR review here.

19 comments:

Kitty Couture said...

Bravo Laura! Il est magnifique !! Perfect job.
I have the Hot Patterns Every Pants in project, but I'm afraid the fit it going to be tricky. Did you need a lot of fitting alterations for yours?

Kitty Couture said...

Actually, I meant "in progress", not in project. They're halfway done. :)

LauraLo said...

Merci, Isabelle, c'est très gentil!
I'm a lucky girl, didn't have to do any alterations at all, the pants fit from the box, so to speak. Can't wait to see yours!

Summerset said...

Really nice - your finishing touches are fantastic. You've reminded me - I need to order some labels one of these days!

Shannon said...

Your pants look fabulous on you. Really great details on the inside!

Lori said...

Laura, your pants are so wonderful. They fit you perfectly and all you details are superb. Great job.

Sigrid said...

Gorgeous pants. Love the way you finish everything with so much eye for detail. And glad to hear you used my tutorial with good results.

LauraLo said...

Thank you, Summerset, Shannon, Lori, Sigrid! Those pants took a lot of work and it is true that I'm getting more and more preoccupied by detail... I love when everything is clean and nicely done...
Sigrid, your tutorial was indeed very helpful, thank you for it!

dawn said...

Whew, you are stylin'! Great job!

Christina said...

These pants are incredible! Thanks for sharing the details and your resources. I like your new labels :)

Stephanie said...

Those pants are gorgeous! And how lucky that they fit with no alterations. They look perfect on you.

loopylulu said...

So, awesome. You really are flying on this wardrobe swap and everything looks so good and professional.

Tracey said...

As usual, Laura you did a great job. Those pants look so comfortable and easy to wear. I will have to try this pattern for myself. Thanks for sharing.

Erica Bunker said...

Those pants are gorgeous! They fit PERFECT! The next pair I make, I'm going to underline them in organza just like that!

Unknown said...

Great fit, winning dertail and I love your blog with all the information you share.

Susan w

Vicki said...

Wow!!!! They really are couture and they fit you so beautifully. Wonderful.

Toni Campbell said...

I love those pants. I've never tried Hot Patterns before, but I just got the Artful Dodger pants pattern in the mail and can't wait to start!

Alex said...

Wow, those pants are great! Looking foward to seeing the rest of your items!

Tany said...

FABULOUS, Laura! The fit is perfect, the inner construction is flawless and your final outcome is something to behold! Well done!!